Our Application Process
In order to comply with Rule E-35 of the Colorado Real Estate Commission, we hereby disclose to you that 1st American Properties is employed as a transaction broker of the property. The Property Management Agreement authorizes 1st American Properties to act as Agent for the owner and tenant with all and any specific management and fiduciary duties contained therein. 1st American Properties and its agents are agents of and for the owner and are representing the owners and tenants as tenant's agents.
- Rental applications are processed in the order received for each property.
- Applications must be filled out for each adult over the age of 18 and must be signed.
- Each application must be accompanied by a $30.00 non-refundable application fee which should be paid online.
- To qualify the household must have a verifiable gross income equal to or greater than 3 times the monthly rent.
- Within 24 hours of approval the applicant must deliver a certified check or money order (or proof of mailing) equal to a minimum of 50% of the monthly rent as a "hold fee".
- The "hold fee" may be submitted with the application to prevent additional showings until the application can be reviewed.
- The "hold fee" will be refunded in full if an application is denied.
- The "hold fee" will not be refunded if the applicant is approved and does not rent the property.
- The "hold fee" will be credited to the tenant's security deposit at lease signing.
- Ads and showings for a property will continue until the completed application, application fee(s) and the "hold fee" have been collected.
- The total security deposit is equal to a minimum of one month of rent and is required prior to move-in in good funds.
- Please note that the security deposit is not considered rent nor does it apply towards the rent at the first or the last month of the lease.
- Pet deposits are $25.00 per pet (where pets are allowed) and must be collected prior to move-in.
- 1st American Properties does not discriminate in the rental, lease, or negotiation for real property based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, or handicap and shall comply with all federal, state, and local laws concerning discrimination.
In addition to the application requirements listed above, your application is subject to denial if any of the following have happened to you within the past 7 years:
- Felony Conviction
- Registered sex offender or persons requiring to be registered as a sex offender
- Unpaid debt or collection from a bank, lender, collection agency, previous property owner, manager, or landlord type agency as reported on applicant's credit bureaus or otherwise disclosed.
Your application will be processed when the application fees have been paid online.